Monday 2 February 2009

Me


So we are into the second month of my year long photo a day.... Thought it was about time I tried out a self portrait.

Nathan went to bed at the same time as the children so I had the evening to myself. I set myself up in the living room and snapped away. I wasn't going for anything exciting and lets be honest I'm not looking my best, I'm in my comfy (aka scruffy) clothes and I'm tired but its me and there we are!


Actually getting myself in shot was more difficult than expected but once I'd worked it out my main aim was just to get a picture of myself that looks vaguely decent!
I've intentionally washed out the colour a little as I liked it that way. Perhaps I was subconsciously going for the 1970's photobooth look as this reminds me a lot of my mums pics of when she was a student (although she had typical 1970's long hair and glasses).

Anyway, I've decided for this next month I'm going to set myself little themes probably lasting from 3 days to a week depending on how creative I'm feeling.
My first theme starting 'tomorrow' (Monday) is going to be based around our everyday family life. I shall resist taking photos of the girls every day and hopefully focus on what we do, where we go, what we see, or basic every day mundane things and try and make them interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment