Thursday 10 January 2013

Bauble buddies

Last night at about 10pm I stood in the middle of my living room despairing at the surrounding mounds of clothes, toys, dirty dishes and paper (why are there always endless bits of paper everywhere?!)  Having made a little progress I sat down with a mug of hot chocolate and listened to the soothing sounds of the dishwasher, washing machine and tumble drier.  Just as I was about to head upstairs The Griff woke up - yippee!   Then I remembered that I hadn't taken a photo for that day and, not wanting to give up on my new challenge on day two I looked around me, and there was the Christmas Tree, still standing 15 days after Christmas.

The photos aren't fabulous, a little grainy and  clearly not all that well planned, but non the less, I quite like them.  I've put both up because I couldn't quite decide which I like best, slightly different composition.  What I really wanted was for my image to be much clearer in the baubles but it didn't quite work.  




I think if I were to do this again with forethought my main changes would be:

Better lighting.
Use a tri-pod.
Get some baubles that aren't scratched to pieces!!

I shall not be doing another shot like this for a while however, as I felt that I may as well take the tree down, so I did that until 2am....

I've decided that, unlike in 2009, for this year my challenge will be to take *at least* one photo a day for the blog, but sometimes I may put two or three up if it takes my fancy.... and, because I may want to concentrate on photoshopping this time around I will probably post the photo the next day rather than *on the day* like I did previously.


Don't forget to click on the images to view them better!

No comments:

Post a Comment