Thursday 28 July 2011

Carrots are scrummy

and very very small......


We made a little vegetable patch at the bottom of the garden earlier this spring and planted some lettuce and carrot seeds. The lettuce grew very quickly and successfully, so much so that we didn't even eat half of it! The children were excited to see the 'salad' grow but were less keen on eating it.

The carrots however caused significantly more excitement - especially because you can't really see them growing. This morning they rushed in from the garden "the carrots are growing and are really big." I went down to see what all the fuss was about and this was what I found. I pulled it up and before washing and chopping into three teeny chunks for them to taste, I took these shots.



This last one just gives an idea of the size, it's not actually a very good photo.
I used auto focus *sigh* silly me.

No comments:

Post a Comment