Thursday 18 August 2011

Henna Tattoos


My lovely and talented sister (in law) Leah was very kind and gave up part of her evening yesterday to do this henna tattoo.

(I shall just add a disclaimer that this is natural, traditional henna, not that awful black henna with PPD in it! Natural henna is highly unlikely to cause any kind of reaction in your skin, but black henna can burn and even leave permanent scarring so please be careful when getting henna tattoos from street sellers - always ask what kind it is!)

Over the past couple of weeks we'd been having fun with the children doing transfers, face paints and little henna tattoos on their arms, legs and even bellies! I'd really wanted a more traditional type of tattoo on my hand but they take significantly more time and are awkward to allow to dry when looking after young children. So last night we sat the girls in front of a dvd (or two) so that we would be undisturbed....

The finished product having just brushed the dried up henna off late last night:


The tattoo this morning, quite a bit darker and likely to darken even more over the next 24 hours. I'm really pleased with it:





1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's very clever! I'd never be able to keep my boys still for that long though!

    ReplyDelete